It is recommended you register the nickname you use in our Live Chat room, this will help stop other chatters impersonating you in our Live chat, it is very easy to do, just follow the instructions below.
These are instructions to register your nickname using our LightIRC Client (Flash Client/Main Web Chat Client) – If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask in our chat room for assistance.
- Sign in to chat with the NickName you would like to register, leave the password box blank.
- Click the menu button on the left hand side of the chat box, it is marked in the image below.
- Click the option that says ‘Register nickname’
- Fill out the form, using a valid email address and a password you wish to use for chat. (Please use a valid email address, this is only used to send information on resetting your chat password if you have forgotten it, it will never be used for marketing or shared with other companies)
- Then click ‘Register nickname’ – You will then see a message saying ‘Nickname <NICK> registered.’ which means it was successful (You will only be able to successfully register your nickname if you have been contacted to the chat for at least 30 seconds, by the time you have filled out all the boxes, it should work just fine, if not, then just wait a few more seconds before pressing the ‘Register nickname’ button again.)
- Once successfully registered, you can then close down the registration window, it is then recommended you sign out of chat by refreshing the page, re logging in with your login details, to make sure it does work without problems, just use the same nick as you used to register, then in the password box, use the same password as you used to register.
- You may be prompted with another password box, this is a chance to enter your password again if you think you typed it wrong the first time, it also confirms your nickname – or if its not your nickname – is still registered, but you don’t need to enter your password again, simply press the X button to close the box.
There you have it, your very own chat nickname, registered! Find some frequently asked questions on how to reset your password below.
Note: When you register your chat nickname, it will expire after 90 days if it is not used within that time frame, if it does expire, you will need to re register again, you will know if your nickname is still registered if the password box pops up or not when you join the channel (See instruction 7)
I’m appearing as a IdleGuest with a random number after it, what does this mean?
This means that you entered your password incorrectly when you joined the chat, or, you have used a NickName somebody else has registered, it takes at least 60 seconds for your nickname to change to one of these names if your password is wrong (Its a IRC thing) you will see the message in the screenshot below if your nickname failed to identify properly (Login properly)
To fix the issue, you can do 1 of 2 things, re fresh the page and start again, or click the menu button, then click Change NickName to your registered one, or one that isn’t registered.
I think I’ve forgotten my password and it needs resetting, what do I do?
In the chat box, type !ihelp this will ask you to join the official help channel for the chat network, a pop up box will come up asking if you want to join #Help, click Join on this box, at the bottom of the chat box, you will see a new tab called #Help, this is the help chat, you can switch back and forth to the #RCDRadio channel as ease, in the #Help tab, just ask for a password reset, please wait at least 5 – 10 minutes in chat that chat box before closing it, someone who has a % or @ or & by their nickname will be able to reset your password for you, they will ask you to verify which nickname you want to reset and the email address associated with your account.
Note: Your password will not be able to be reset if you did not use a valid email address or if you used a fake email address, this information must be provided to reset your password, otherwise there will be no other way to do it, this is a secure way for Network staff to verify who you are.